Python Data Engineer for Bleeding Edge Security Startup
Why is this a great place to work?
- We are mission driven. We never lose sight of why we do what we do.
- We have a modern technology stack and are striving for engineering excellence, while keeping in mind lean principle to experiment fast with customers.
- We care about your career. We encourage each other to constantly grow and expand our skills and knowledge. Mentorship is part of our culture as you work side by side with some of the brightest possible talent.
- Your contributions make an immediate impact.
- We have fun! No matter how fast we grow or how busy we are, we always remember to laugh and enjoy each other and our clients.
- Balancing our careers and personal lives is important to us. We want you to work where and when you work best.
- Embracing our culture of diversity, constant learning, and collaboration makes us a better team and helps us build a better product.
- We’re genuinely nice, optimistic, inclusive, and empathetic people. We won’t hire jerks.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks)
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Professional development funds
- Parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
PLEASE NOTE: These are NOT all required skills. We hire for capability, ingenuity, enthusiasm, curiousity, passion and demonstrated ability to be a great team player. If you feel like you can come up to speed and have some or many of the skills listed, drop us a line and help us get to know you!
- Writing well tested Python code in an iterative way at speed
- Perform technical designs which are aligned with the global architecture roadmap
- Constantly improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Ensure verification and validation of your code
- Document and communicate changes you are performing
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Understand what to build from product management and designer
- Actively engage and collaborate as part of a self-organized squad, using agile, lean and scrum
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
Experience and Skills
- Execution with velocity and quality
- At least five years of directly building software, part of it in a scalable web based environment
- Demonstrated track record of shipping high quality software on time
- You are known as a solid developer, you enjoy writing code and that’s you want to do
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, and operational excellence
- You have designed and implemented data pipeline and ETLs
- Manipulating data is your second nature, especially in Python, Pandas is your friend
- You know by heart all PostgreSQL index types
- Ownership and communication
- Accountability and Ownership is key to your approach
- Great communication skills with the ability to present in a clear and concise manner
- You understand how to communicate and optimize work among remote team members in a multicultural environment
- You know how to write fast and well tested code - we use Python, Pandas, S3 and Postgres
- You can design and build RESTful APIs
- Your preferred stack is the cloud, with continuous deployment leveraging linux and docker
Nice to have: Security engineering skills
- You have experience in debugging and reading risk assessment tools.
- You have knowledge of how anti-virus, intrusion, phishing, firewalls and content filtering work.
- You have experience in researching security policies, standards and procedures.
- You have experience in reading logs and results of security vendors.