DHIS2 is a web-based, open source data platform used by governments, international development agencies and NGOs in more than 90 countries worldwide. It is currently recognized as the world's most widely adopted e-health information platform. The system is used to improve access and use of information within health, education, sanitation, nutrition, disaster relief and other domains. The platform has become a global standard within international development and has a huge impact on the way health systems are being managed. Read more at dhis2.org.
As a user experience designer at DHIS2, you will work across projects that support the whole DHIS2 ecosystem. This includes the application platform, over 30 core applications, design systems, documentation portals and more. Your work will contribute directly to the positive impact of DHIS2 as a Global Public Good. Working with our Design Lead, you will be part of a design team ensuring a high-quality user-experience for our users in over 73 countries.
What you will do
- Design user-flows, prototypes and high-fidelity designs.
- Create solutions with consideration for the real-world requirements of a global platform.
- Contribute to and help to evolve the DHIS2 Design System.
- Take ownership of your design process, following features and improvements from idea to implementation.
- Collaborate with engineering and implementation teams to understand the full scope of problems and their solutions.
- Use a varied toolbox to solve interaction design problems: Sketches, prototypes, visuals, diagrams, written documents.
- Communicate and document your solutions clearly and effectively.
- Become a valuable part of the design team contributing to the design direction of DHIS2.
Skills & Requirements
- Several years professional experience designing real-world digital applications.
- Knowledge of design systems, how they are built, maintained and used.
- Passion for building functional software that improves lives around the world.
- Strong skills in modern design tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A sense of curiosity to question, learn and share knowledge.
- Self-drive to produce work you are proud of.
- Bonus: experience working with development workflows and technical tools (JIRA, Github).