We are Leaf
Leaf is on a mission to upend the way companies buy and sell transportation. Every year, billions of dollars, hundreds of megatons of carbon and millions of person-hours are wasted because the companies who ship goods and the companies who carry them aren’t upfront about their needs and abilities. Our platform finds ways for buyers and sellers to contract binding commitments for plannable and predictable freight and allows those contracts to be traded when needs change. In time, Leaf will become the hub through which the trillion-dollar American freight market is managed.
We are a team of experienced, smart, and mildly disagreeable troublemakers who like taking on unreasonably big challenges; we know how to build things, we’ve lived what’s broken in this industry, and we’re looking for bright, ambitious people to help us drag the transportation world kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
As the frontend lead you will make decisions on the overall architecture, processes, design and usability of the platform and mentor the other developers. You will work closely together with designers and other engineers to advance the development of our modern web platform and deliver exciting new experiences to our customers. By rigorously leveraging collected data, e.g. through user analytics, you will transform complex processes into insightful user experiences. The role will challenge you to work in a highly agile environment and address strategic and engineering topics.
- Define the architecture and processes used by your engineering team
- Mentor and support other team members through code reviews and continuous feedback
- Take initiative to research new technologies, read articles and news in order to understand the current state of the frontend community
- Share and document knowledge and best practices
- Partner with the design and product management team to innovate and develop new design and interaction concepts
- Develop rich, flexible frontend components to enable engineers to easily and quickly build client-side code
- Be a flexible team player, stepping into a variety of roles
- 6+ years of experience building modern web applications
- In-depth knowledge of browsers and their behavior
- Passionate about user experience and product delivery
- Experience with test frameworks (e.g. Cypress, Jest)
- Good understanding of REST and GraphQL
- Strong analytical, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work both self-directed and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast-paced startup environment
Leaf offers a very comprehensive compensation package including competitive base salary, variable compensation and health benefits.
Leaf Logistics is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!