Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Ad Hoc is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer capable of addressing ambiguity and solving complex problems without technical assistance or supervision. The ideal candidate will have expert-level capabilities in at least one major technology stack. They will have implemented web front ends for richly-featured applications using a modern web framework like React, Angular, Vue.js, or similar. They write frontend code that is highly accessible and maintainable. They can collaborate effectively with UX designers. They mentor and guide more junior engineers through the development process, including debugging and new skills acquisition. They communicate with stakeholders, other teams, and partners to generate, assess, and execute on product development or integration requirements.
We are a remote first organization and you may work anywhere within the US.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
What You'll Do
- Use modern programming languages and frameworks to build scalable services that gracefully integrate with legacy systems
- Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- QA Background, interest and experience in testing and capabilities
- Experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
- Experience programming in major opensource languages and frameworks such as:
- Understanding of the fundamental technologies of the web: HTTP, SSL, HTML, CSS, and JSON
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $101,570 - $136,994 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.