What you will do
- As a member of the Game Services team for Star Citizen, you will be responsible for building the online MMO backend services & related tools, acting on both the server and game-client side. The team is based in Montreal but operates mostly online with studios located in the US and the UK.
Your main objectives will be to:
- Design service APIs to power game features by working closely with Game Designers.
- Develop scalable online macroservices in a large meshed service ecosystem
- Program in tandem with Gameplay Developers to enable the game client
- Take ownership of game features in the MMO architecture from inception to deployment and operation.
- You will work in the following stacks:
- Communications with gRPC & Protobuf
- Gameplay services under Node.JS with Typescript
- High throughput services with C++ and gRPC
- C++ Game Client (StarEngine) communications with gRPC
- Distributed message queues (Kafka)
- Deployment with Kubernetes, Docker, and Linkerd2
You’re Savvy in
- Communicating efficiently with people and translating technical jargon
- Adapting to various contexts, sometimes shifting priorities
- Managing your schedule to ensure productivity and efficiency in projects
- Showing autonomy, being thorough and curious about new technologies
- Getting things done, sharing good practices in backend development, contributing to implementing efficient processes
You have Accomplished
- Relevant programming experience or Bachelor in Computer Science
- 4 years+ of experience in backend programming
- 2 years+ of experience in programming with Node.js and experience with TypeScript
- Good understanding of Linux shell, git and build pipelines
- Good understanding of real-time network communication through gRPC, WebSocket
- Knowledge of Event-Sourcing and Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;* an asset*
- Experience working in a video game studio,* an asset*
You’re Eager to Take On
- Build macroservices in a polyglot environment
- Be part of a fast-iterating development environment
- Estimate the effort to perform specific tasks, commit to delivery deadlines and help the team set and respect production timeline collectively
- Mentor other developers on technologies you have learned to master
- Designing innovative online services by focusing on fault-tolerance, scalability & security
- Understanding the game features in order to provide clean, well defined, and documented service APIs
- Using Cloud Native technologies to guarantee that Star Citizen is built on top of a sustainable ecosystem
- Providing tools and applications to enable LiveOps teams to manage the game.
- Interacting with infrastructure engineers to analyze, inform, review and improve the reliability and scalability of the game’s backend
Salary: 90.000$ CAD
⭐️Visit https://turbulent.ca/ to find out more about our craft and culture!
Turbulent is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.