Lovevery’s co-founders and investors have big plans for how the brand can help families digitally, and it is up to you to architect and other members of the architecture team to deliver a platform to achieve the company’s vision. You will do it all in a way that lays the groundwork for a scalable offering of digital products to create an extraordinary and unmatched experience for our users. We are looking for a Software Architect to help us create this new type of ecommerce and community experience. This role is truly full-stack extending from architectural vision to implementation.
The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role:
- Full-Stack View - You will be architecting a solution that extends from the UI through the back-end and all the to data models. You’ll deliver full solutions, features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, and testability.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital products in this role, re-architecting existing ecommerce platforms, and implementing third party solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way. You must have the ability to look beyond the current technology stack to get things done.
- Business-Minded - You will define the ideal technical solution and roadmap and be able to prioritize business trade-offs for each roadmap item.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building things in a robust, scalable way and developing automation and monitoring to prevent regressions that will impact customers' experience with Lovevery.
- Design and optimize the architecture for the ecommerce platform – the architecture team owns the platform architecture needed to deliver the product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Continually evolve the system architecture to deliver customer and business needs.
- Work closely with both the product and engineering teams.
- Define and establish software development best practices and patterns.
- Make technical recommendations on make vs buy decisions.
- Lead delivery of product and platform features.
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the architecture, code, programming languages, and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
- 7+ years in a software architect role, preferably in a consumer internet business, digital community business, or consumer products business with a digital experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- You have experience with designing and using a CI/CD framework, working knowledge of Redis, ElasticSearch, Redshift or another NoSQL database, Kafka and/or other messaging solutions.
- You have experience using and architecting solutions in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS.
- You have familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes or any other containerization product and microservices architectures.
- You have an ability to balance user and business impact that has been informed over the years by shipping creative and highly successful consumer tech products.
- You have a strong working knowledge of frameworks and OO programming languages.
- You support best practices for data models and extracting/aggregating data for BI.
- You are a highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges, driving solutions.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products