Deadline to apply: 18:00 GMT Friday 9th April 2021
YouCanBook.me is a self-funded, profitable, tiny company that does big things. We are deliberately small but have a large footprint, processing 1.7million+ bookings for our users every month. We are the scheduling tool of choice for 22,000 customers and counting, and we’re proud to be ranked by G2 in the Top 100 software companies of 2021.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking to hire an exceptional product manager who is passionate about creating world-class products and can bring a wealth of experience leading cross-functional teams.
We’re offering a unique opportunity to join as our first dedicated product manager. You’ll be given the autonomy to help shape how our product teams work together and will bring your own craft to build out our product management practices.
You will work closely with a highly motivated and dynamic team and will support our Head of Product to prioritise, launch and iterate on our product development initiatives.
You’ll be joining a fast moving, product-led and customer focussed team working alongside our engineers, designers and customer team to help scale up the value we deliver to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
Naturally, you’ll be a team player. You’ll know how to get cross-functional teams working together collaboratively and effectively, whilst ruthlessly prioritizing by recognising what’s most important for our customers.
Your communication will be second to none. You’ll always seek out the best medium to articulate your thoughts and can empathize with people who may have a different approach to you.
You’ll be a strategic thinker with a strong business acumen. You’ll always be thinking about how you can measure success and deliver on our objectives.
You’ll have a strong eye for design and know what makes a great product. And you’ll thrive as a creative thinker seeing challenges as opportunities to innovate and learn.
You might not be a coder but you’re comfortable in technical discussions. You can translate complex ideas into simple terms and help engineers break down concepts into smaller deliverables.
And ultimately, you’ll lead from the front. We’ve built up our product over many years and we’ve been very successful - there are millions of people who use our product every month. So, you’ll need to hit the ground running, bringing end-to-end product management experience to ensure we can expand on the value delivered to our customers.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Live and breath the YouCanBook.me product with a deep understanding of the YouCanBook.me customers, their usage, needs and frustrations
- Organize and lead cross-functional teams of designers, engineers and customer support specialists to scope, design and implement incredible experiences for our customers
- Measure and track the success of new features and functionality and report back on this to the wider company
- Bring customer insights and competitive analysis to help define and iterate the product roadmap alongside the Head of Product
- Writing and maintaining product requirement documentation
- Breaking down product requirements into epics, stories and tasks
- Support the design team in spotting and implementing product changes to improve the user experience
- Help develop the product management team. Sharing knowledge, recruiting, mentoring and documenting a repeatable product management process
- Minimum 4+ years experience working as a product manager within a SaaS or software company
- Proven experience leading and managing cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and experience capturing customer insights and using data to inform your decisions
- Experience working remotely within a distributed team
- Ideally a strong UX design background as it will be essential for you to translate requirements into simple, easy to use interfaces
- Proven experience shipping customer facing features for a large number of users
- Ability to demonstrate hands on End-to-end Product Management experience (strategy, research, managing ideas, prioritization, design, road mapping, testing and rolling features out)
This is a remote position, we will be considering candidates in Europe / Africa (ie no more than 3hr +/- GMT). As far as possible, we aim to hire everyone at YCBM on full time employment contracts.
What you would be benefitting from in return?
- 100% remote, your equipment, wifi / office or co-working space all covered
- Salary £65k+ this is for a senior-level post, we try and keep things in 'bands' and everything is internally published.
- 'Unlimited' holiday (plus public holidays). We expect everyone to be taking 5-6 weeks leave a year
- Fully funded private health / dental insurance (in UK / Spain)
- 5% employer contribution to private pension (in UK)
- Fully funded leave policies for parents
- Participation in profit share after 1.5 years
- International travel / company retreats
What do you need to do to get this job?
- We’re big fans of cover letters from applicants who have done their homework on us. We want to see that you’re passionate about what we do and interested in how we got here
- Tell us why you would want to work for a company like ours, the value you would bring and how you’d learn along the way
- We’d love to hear what you’ve achieved and what you’re most proud of. In particular we want see your strengths and qualities that make you a great fit for this role
- And most importantly, think about how you will stand out from other applicants. We’re absolutely only looking for candidates who are serious about their desire to work for us - this means generic cover letters/cvs are a big no no for us so please don’t expect much progress if you send us one of these.